Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Start

So today is the start of me keeping this blog, or at least trying to keep it semi-up-to-date. I can't promise anything, but it occurred to me: this is a good way for keeping in touch with people.

What I have to say about today? I'm not exactly feeling profound at the moment, but I did enjoy meeting a girl on the bus today who complimented me on using the term 'kindred spirit.' It's an out-of-vogue term, but I like it. Other words I would like to nominate to that category:
Twitterpated
Sweetheart
Jaunty
Dapper
Amiable
Ravishing
Smitten
Exchange (referring to a conversation)
Delightful
Sinister
Splendid
Any and all nautical terms
Deliberate (verb)
Extrapolate
Ingenious
Brilliant

Words/phrases I think should be out-of-vogue:
anything ending in '-izzle' (with the exception of sizzle)
loaded (describing rich people)
crap
dude
'oh my heck' (Utah-dwellers, this means you)
gay as a derogatory phrase ("That's so gay")

That's all for now. I'll notify you of others as they come to me.

No comments: