Thursday, April 16, 2009

work work work

I don't know what it is with the titles being repetitious verbs, but that's just how I feel. So naturally, I worked a lot today. It was great. I listened to a conference talk, and then my "The Rocket Summer" channel on pandora for quite a while, and then I think I moved to rascal flatts. I don't understand my music shifts either, don't ask me to explain them. But then I made a youtube playlist of the 1996 'Romeo and Juliet," I think it's directed by Baz Luhrman? With Clare Danes and Leonardo Dicaprio. I can't say that I was overly impressed with the acting, but I do remember realizing what an amazingly postmodern movie it was. I mean, I think you would have to learn about postmodernism in order to really understand it. If I didn't know about postmodernism, I wouldn't get it.

After it was done I didn't really feel like listening to peppy music anymore, I mean, hello, it's a tragedy. It's one of those works of art that changes you after you view it I think. But let me not wax philisophical. Also, I noticed some really funny lines in the movie that I had forgotten about:
"Affliction is enamored of thine parts and thou art wedded to calamity"--the priest to romeo after he is banished.

I really think I'm going to use that one sometime.

No comments: