Friday, August 10, 2012

The day all my dreams came true

Let's chat about this.

Right now I am in Chicago, going to LeakyCon.
It is a Harry Potter conference, featuring authors, actors, fan-made musicals, and a lot of standing in line for said wonderful things.
You probably think that is why my dreams are coming true.

Only partly.

Today I met  TEAM STARKID who is the cast of a fan-made musical (A Very Potter Musical/ A Very Potter Sequel, both available on youtube), AND I had three personal experiences with cast members as they were signing my poster! I qualify the term "personal experiences" as saying more than 'hello how are you' in the signing.

ALSO I was looking for DFTBA ribbon to add to my badge, and then John Green (who was signing things at the time) gave me his!!! Tell me this is not the best day ever and I will contradict you heartily.

There are some things I never dreamed that I would get to do. Life is crazy, sometimes.

1 comment:

Beth Berens said...

Hey Betsy! Love the post - it's great reading about everyone else's LeakyCon experiences! Speaking of LeakyCon experiences, here's the photo we took at the leaving feast.

Firstly I developed it the wizard way, so it moves: http://makeagif.com/media/8-15-2012/MWUFOg.gif

But if you want to show muggles, you better show them this version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59219792@N06/7791407868/sizes/l/in/photostream/