Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Anything is possible if you've got enough nerve."

No glasses!
My, what an excellent jawline I have!
From the side...

I cut it shorter than ever before, but everyone seems to love it! Or at least, those who don't love it aren't saying anything.

I was sort of hesitant to go get it cut because I didn't know a reliable stylist in the area, but it turned out great.  I told the girl who answered the phone at Regis' (thanks Maranda for biasing me for my ENTIRE LIFE) that I was a girl getting a short haircut, and she said "I'll set you up with Krista, she's amazing," and it was so true! Krista and I just might be hair salon besties for life, she and I hit it off quite nicely. She swears like a sailor, and believes in horoscopes like the true gospel, has a 4 year old boy and had THREE friends stop by to say hi to her. I love her.

I suppose everyone would like a legitimate update on my life....here goes.

I am currently an office manager in Green Bay at my parents' business, and I live in Appleton, which is about a 40 minute drive from the office. It just so happens that most of the YSA happenings go down in  Appleton, and also I live with THE RELIEF SOCIETY PRESIDENT AKA the greatest girl in the world, my friend Becky.

Isn't she great?

I am also a temple worker! And second counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. And --are you ready--Branch Facebook Coordinator. And on the Stake Activities committee. As you can tell, we are a little strapped for leadership out here in Wisconsin. 

I realize I haven't posted in forever. And some of you CONTINUE to check this blog regularly. I'm so sorry I have been quiet for so long. Although my life has moved on from BYU (for the moment), and there are some people I have "lost touch" with, I still think of you guys regularly. You know who you are. Thanks for still being my friend...and by being my friend, I mean checking my blog when I hardly ever post.  I promise to do better in the future. And thanks again, I appreciate you. 

2 comments:

Mego said...

Betsy!! I love you!! And I love the haircut....I just got mine cut again and when i put on a winter hat Adam says I look like a boy....so no more hats....but my hair still rocks.
Also, being a temple worker was one of the greatest things I did when I was in college. It helped me so much to stay focused and it got me to the temple regularly. I'm so glad you get to serve there!!

Roxy said...

I recently cut my hair shorter than ever before as well! If you go to my FB pics you can see one or two. :-)

Say hi to everyone I know in Appleton!