Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Variety Show: Betsy and Friends

I confessed to Louisa (my younger sister) that I have a dream of putting on a variety show someday with all of my wonderfully talented friends and myself. I would be a good backup singer!

Here are my ideas:

Marae -Angela (Missy Higgins), Far Away (Ingrid Michaelson), Hot Dog (Meiko)
Eliza, Kristy & Rachel - The Chain (Ingrid Michaelson)
Eliza and me - Call Your Girlfriend (Robyn--but Lennon and Maisy-style)
Spencer Johnson - Follow you Into the Dark
Sweat Taxi - (or what was that band that Scott and Brawny made?) whatever they want
Steve Mortensen - The Curse (Josh Ritter)
Rachel Brown - anything from Pirates of Penzance
Emily McConkie and me - Loathing  (Wicked)
Ali Savage - Get Over You (Sara Bareillis)
Susie Peterson - Any rap she wants, I'll be the counter (girl-sung) chorus. (Ex: here or here)
Me - Joshua Noveck (did it!)

I also think we should add a reading from The Princess Diaries (the book) in there (Lauren, Heidi, Rachel...)


I may edit this post later, as I remember other songs and friends I want to add. Suggestions welcome!

3 comments:

Mego said...

Um hello!!!
boom chicka boom chicka boom boom

Marae said...

i am there.
(google hangout? could we all fit?)

also, i dream of having hair like yours and oh it suits you.

Eliza said...

I'm there. This is a fantastic idea. Also:

Me and you - Maybe This Time (as done by Kristin Chenoweth and Lea Michele)