Thursday, December 25, 2008

Oprah, Pirates and Epiphanies

12/25/08

Man I have had a rough day today. I did two worksheets of goals, things i need to change in my life (eating less and being prepared and on time). It was emotionally draining to have to examine my own behaviors rationally as if they were a symptom of some greater disease (which is kind of true, but still not what I was ready for).

I watched Return to Me with the fam today. Gosh I love that movie. I mean, it is substantially fluff, but I love the group of old guys/family dynamic in there. The love story is kind of ancillary to the community depicted, which I adore.

And it's not as if I'm doing so bad with my life either, about those goals worksheets. They were about things that we know we need to change in our lives and what is holding us back. I really don't want to share more here.

After having such an intensive day, I decided to take it easy after dinnertime and just do what I want to do for awhile. I ended up eating some frozen yogurt (mmmmm) and watching TED videos with Mom and Sammy. For those of you who aren't familiar you should check out TED, a symposium about how to change the world. Here were two of my favorite talks:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talk/dave_eggers_makes_his_ted_prize_wish_once_upon_a_school.html

http://ted.org/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

I recommend them both, probably the second one more than the first. So funny. Goodnight folks, I'm about to turn in before midnight.

No comments: