Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rex Lee Run 10k

That's right.
I did it.
I ran as slowly as I usually do.
The old man shuffle, I call it.

But it doesn't matter,
because to me,
making it
all the way through,
is what really matters.
Hitting that finish line.

No matter how long it takes.


As I got closer to the stadium where the last leg of the race was, I could hear the music coming from the DJ booth. I thought, "This is like me trying to make it to heaven. I hear the music from a long way off, and it only makes me want to try harder. All of us cheering on each other towards the same goal, even if we run at different speeds."

Apparently there are gangstas in heaven. Too legit to quit.

1 comment:

Jordan Reasor said...

10K! What a trooper! OLD MAN SHUFFLE!!! Haha!

I usually just tell people, "I'm not a runner. I just play one on TV."