Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shamrock Plant

Once upon a time Andy Lawler promised to hang out with me. But then, he couldn't make it. And the next day, on my doorstep I found a very curious plant, wrapped in festive St. Patrick's day paper (it was that time of year). Andy wrote me a note apologizing for our plans falling through, and then explained that this was a shamrock plant. He told me that in a month or two, it would probably look like it had died but that I shouldn't throw it away, because it was just hibernating, and in another month or so, it should put out new shoots

Two years later, my plant looked like it had finally died (it is very resilient. I recommend one to you college kids). But due to a combination of busyness and forgetfulness, I didn't remove it from our living room.  And lo and BEHOLD a month after it looked like it had died (I am VERY forgetful. Less busy, more forgetful):


















Do you see them? I am oh so glad! They have gotten bigger since this picture, just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

rachel said...

You should maybe name that plant the little engine that could. Even though it is not an engine in the conventional sense. In my opinion.