Thursday, December 2, 2010

Prince Philip

One of my friends took that silly quiz "What Disney Prince Is Right For You?!!!" Yes, Every Word Was Capitalized, And There Were Three Exclamation Points!!!

I usually don't bother with such things, because I think they are hokum. And ridiculous.
(Like I need any more time spent thinking about frogs and kissing. Or princes--I hear it turns out that way sometimes.)

I think all those quizzes are a waste of time. Quizzes aren't going to tell you about your life, facebook addicts. The fact that you are taking quizzes on facebook probably says a whole lot more about your life than that quiz ever will.  Not that one or two just for fun are too bad (What Basement Babe Are You?).

I read her headline though. Discussing the prince who was "Right For Her."


"Prince Philip--He would do anything for you. In fact, he probably already has."


Which caused me to think about what things I have done? For the (pardon the cheese) prince that's right for me? Cultivate healthy relationships. Be awesome. Expand my vocabulary so our children will be smart. Minimize my wardrobe so we have less to move. Read. Give up meat (even though I don't know if he will appreciate that). 


It is comforting to think about, the idea that someone is changing their life in anticipation of the event that will be me coming into his life. The glorious event. And knowing the kind of person I am, I think he is preparing now. Good luck, my dear friend. I don't know what you can really do, except to be as righteous as you can be. I mean, that is what I am trying...like I said, good luck. And thanks, in advance. 



3 comments:

Mego said...

Oh I love this. Thanks for the inspiration....and from a facebook quiz at that!! haha. I think I'm gonna make a list now. Goals are good! And so are you!!

Alisha said...

Oh I Love you, although I am confused about the needing to give up meat part....

Betsy said...

I am thoroughly convinced I will live longer because I eat less animal byproducts. That's all.