Thursday, July 16, 2009

Awesome

day-old post (I didn't have time to post it yesterday)

I woke up this morning to go to work and it appeared to me that I was the only one home. Awesome. Everyone else was out seeing Harry Potter 6 or hanging out with their sweetheart. Woo hoo. Betsy just gets to get up in the middle of the night to clean the MTC. (note: I talked to MJ later, and she was actually home in bed, so this was an erroneous sense of loneliness. But I experienced it nonetheless.)

Good quotes lately:
(from Bryan, Russ' cousin, talking about Russ' teaching skills. Bryan was saying that his missionaries don't draw him stuff, whereas Russ has a few drawings that missionaries have done on their P-day. Eliza (i think) told Bryan that Russell just confiscates those drawings, that they don't draw them for him, and Bryan felt better: "I was lyin awake at night with jealousy burnin in my heart now I know you're just a has-been jerk stealin missionaries stuff in class."

Not awesome: (for real, this isn't sarcasm. I was upset at this.) One of my friends (who i used to really look up to) made a gay joke yesterday, and it really bothered me. Not that was an actual joke with a punchline, but he just pulled out the effeminate hand gesture and lisp when talking about style. Another friend who was with me called him on it, which was nice, but I am still debating going and talking to him about it later. I'm not so good at confrontation in the moment. And I think I'll have to talk to him, because it will keep bothering me. Even if it is kind of terrifying.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

It was totally me who outed Russell's drawing-stealing ways to Bryan!!

Just wanted to confirm...NOT brag.

Eliza said...

(It was also me for calling the friend out on the gay joke. THAT I am bragging about.) :)

Betsy, delete this if you wanted the story to remain more nameless.

megan b. said...

that's the betsy I know. changing the world one person at a time!