Thursday, July 16, 2009

hearts

I took off work 2 1/2 hours early yesterday, and spend it reading the princess diaries novels at the HBLL. It was the greatest vacation anyone could have asked for. What with how often Mia is getting kissed these days, it does make me feel a little old fogey ish, but it was still a great read. A candy bar read, as Eliza would say. And after 2 hours of reading it, I was feeling like I needed something with a little more substance, which I think is a good sign.

Eliza and I are going to the Jack's Mannequin/the fray concert this Saturday. And although i am in love with Adam of Owl City, he has nothing on Andrew McMahon as far as I'm concerned. Formerly the lead singer of something corporate, Andrew was definitely one of the gods/musical best friends of my high school existence. If I ever have a movie made about my life, the high school soundtrack could be exclusively Something Corporate songs, although I would argue for some Jimmy Eat World to be thrown in there for total accuracy. But we are going to see him (Andrew) live, and I think I just might die, if you'll pardon the 15 year old expression.

No comments: