Monday, July 13, 2009

I must have misheard you

I was in Alex Vaz' car on Saturday, and he was listening to Bryan Adams. I shared my opinion that every boy likes Bryan Adams, and I told him that my last boyfriend put him on a mix CD he made me. Alex asked "so you like him then?" and I said "Yeah, I cared about him a lot," and Alex said "I meant Bryan Adams." And I said "oh...(pause) yeah... sure."

And then yesterday, as Jo and I were walking back from church she said "ah, it's Tuesday today." and I thought that maybe she needs to have her head examined, but I didn't say anything because it's not like I should contradict her; if she wants to think it's Tuesday, so be it. Also, sometimes when people say strange things, they follow it up with a more lucid comment. As I was waiting for this comment to appear (and Jo is not actually, a talker, so that means it was just kind of quiet) I thought to myself "gosh it is hot outside" and then I realized Jo said "toasty." Hm.

I need to get my ears checked.

On the bright side, I woke up on time for work today, and I finished in time to take a nap at home before heading to ancestry.com. I must have been sleeping well because I had a weird dream. I'm not going to share it all, except to say it involved running into Michael Stewart (first sweetheart) in the Copp's (grocery store in WI) parking lot as I was riding on the back of another fellow's (who shall remain nameless) motorcycle. We were picking up California Pizza Kitchen, because it was on sale there. Ahhhh, if only (about the pizza, not the motorcycle and the boy. Okay...maybe that too. Tee hee).

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Haha. I'm still laughing about Tuesday.