Thursday, July 9, 2009

the wee hours of the morning

Maranda had a great slip and slide birthday party tonight. Even if I did lose my glasses. But then we recovered them. It was quite the group effort. I'm pretty tired though.
This picture was taken right after Amy soaked me with the amazing squirtgun Elise brought. As you can see, we're still friends. And it was pretty fun chasing Tadd around later. I told him to get Amy back for me, because if I squirt her it's revenge, but if he squirts her, it's flirting. So he squirted her. And then me. And then we took off after him, but he was too fast for us. Not to mention he was wearing shoes. He'd probably make a good Hermes.

At the party, I hug out with Dave Zacherson, which was awesome. Conversation excerpt:
Me: Dave, I'm going to say something, and you're going to think I'm saying something else until you listen to the whole thing.
Dave: OK
Me: I love seeing boys in their swimsuits, because it reminds me that none of them are models, so I don't have one to be either. You know?
Dave: Yeah...you're right, I did think you were going to say something else.

And it was true, out of all the people at the party there were only a few who had ridiculously attractive figures, everyone else was just normal. I liked that we were so average. Being around a bunch of beautiful people makes me nervous. And self-conscious.

Ah, time for a little nap before I go to work!

No comments: