Friday, December 4, 2009

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating

I don't know if this has happened to any of the other ladies out there, but last week I was conned into another date by a boy who I tried to tell to stop dating me. It went something like this:
Me: I enjoy spending time with you, but I think it's better we just be friends.
Boy: Yes, definitely, I know and I agree with you, we are good friends, thus I want to get to know you better on that friendly level, and I'd like to do that by going on more dates with you.
Do you notice how he makes it sound like we are on the same side until the very end of his sentence? That con man. We had our third date this week, and it was actually really fun, as dates with this particular guy always are. I'm not saying I really like-like him yet (you know what I mean) but it was fun. I'm just sayin', I'll keep you posted.

School is getting stressful with finals and whatnot, everyone is feeling it I think. I always think it is some sort of cruel joke that the weather gets colder as school gets harder. As if we needed any more deterrents to going to class.

I stopped by an apartment in the ward recently to tell them about other romantic matters (not the one mentioned previously) and it felt really good to go tell someone about what I had been thinking about for weeks. Moreover, they told me to keep them posted, and to stop by whenever I feel like it. I forget sometimes that people do want to hear about my life, and that sometimes it is me putting up the barrier to communication, and not them.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I want to hear about your life too Bets! Who doesn't? I agree with the cold weather thing..I think I just always think it's cruel no matter the circumstance...I need to start having a more positive attitude towards the cold since Brade wants to go to Med school in Rochester and I do too for him-great school, etc...but my cold weather attitude needs some tweaking. I want to hear more about your boys. Keep me posted. Love ya!

Mandy said...

P.S. I find out if the baby is a boy or a girl THIS Friday. :)