Saturday, May 29, 2010

hopes

I found this community art project. There is a sign with a marker and a container of fabric strips next to it that asks people to write down their hopes dreams, gratitude and wishes onto a strip of fabric, and then tie it to the grate. 




















I loved it. 

examples:
"inspiration to be the change."
"Please bless those who are stupid enough to mess things up, and help those smart enough to try and do something about it."
"More fun. No drama. Find a man."
"For those around me to be stronger."

It was great.  And just sitting there, reading all of these people's wishes and dreams I thought "why don't I do this more often? Connect with people on a real level? Talk about things that are really important?" It was so empowering to just read these things.  I remember writing one of my friends on his mission that I don't think we talk about our dreams enough. I still think that's true. 

No comments: