Friday, May 7, 2010

kissing cousins

Awhile ago, my Grandma heard me talking about the lack of datable men in Wisconsin (I don't mean to slander any of you out there. I do however think that it is easy to see you are few and far between), and said "I know someone you could go on a date with!" I was surprised, and she told me this fellow's name. His last name was as my mother's maiden name. I said "Grandma, aren't we related?" and she waved her hand and said "Oh, he's uncle so-and-so's son" and I was like "oh..." I had to find out what this meant...the son of my grandfather's brother...is my first cousin once removed. See also: illegal to marry in Wisconsin, unless you have an authorized statement from a licensed physician saying one of you is incapable of producing children...I think Grandma just thinks about these things a little differently.

3 comments:

John said...

Hahaha. Great post Bets. And best of luck finding an unrelated date!

Adelheid said...

Ok, when I say "LOL" here, what I mean is, when I read this, I involuntarily laughed out loud... literally. Also, I think your Grandma and I would be best friends. Gotta love a lady who doesn't shy away from incest.

Alisha said...

Oh Betsy! That is amazing in a serious way! :)