Sunday, January 18, 2009

elbow-touchy-feely

Whoa what a week!! First full week of classes, and a full week of work, and I am still alive! It's been pretty busy, but I am the happy kind of busy, not the "I want to lie down and go to sleep for a week" kind of busy. Man, did I sleep today though. I got a wonderful nap in. I should probably be in bed right now, seeing as I still will go to work at the MTC tomorrow morning, even though it's a holiday. We do get holiday pay though, which is nice. Then I am going to come home and clean my room!!! I know, not exactly exciting plans, but it's gotta get done sooner or later, and it will greatly improve my quality of life (Not to mention my roommate's!) I do have a really busy semester, and so I have to use my extra time wisely. Manage it. I never thought I would hear myself saying this kind of stuff, but it's so true.

So today I was at a ward activity and as I was talking with a guy, and he was a fun kid, he reached out and touched my arm. Not a big deal, right? I should think not. But I was immediately more comfortable with him. I don't know why. I'm not going to make a big deal about his looks out in the open world wide web or anything, but he was a usual clean cut handsome kid. Just the BYU look, you know? So it wasn't that I was like "ahh! he touched me!" ala 'I can hear the bells" or "Joshua Noveck" but it was still comforting and nice. I'm reading a book right now that talks about how important positive interaction with others is (for both parties, givers and recievers) to have a meaningful life. So true!! Just a shout out to all you guys who are comfortable and confident enough to reach out every once in a while: thank you. I appreciate you. I think we need to be more affectionate as a society.

I should have gone to bed two hours ago. Ah no-holiday MTC, how I love you. And you, dear friends; I love you too. Goodnight.

No comments: