Wednesday, January 21, 2009

five phone calls

Today I made, as soon as I got home, at least five different phone calls/text conversations. Most of them were with people I would call my 'family' circle of friends here in provo--you know, the ones who help you when you get sick, the ones who always find out how you're doing, and the ones you say I haven't seen you in FOREVER, when in all actuality, it's been 4 days. That was really cool. I really like having that many intimate connections in my life. Where I can just call people, and connect with them, and even better--have something to say that's meaningful. Mostly I was calling to tell people about the AWESOME Folk ensemble show that's going on this Friday night at 8 in the barefoot studio of the RB--it's their tech rehearsal so it's FREE, and YOU SHOULD GO!!!! but it was great to just talk too, and get the updates on their lives. I think there was maybe one (possibly two) people who I didn't get the real deal with, probably because they were doing something else, like preparing for dinner group at the same time. But mostly, it was great. What a great end to my day. It was pretty funny though that two of those people I had already talked to on the phone at least once already today, and then one of them called me back a third time, later this very same evening. Ah, friends!

You should go to this show. It's going to be amazing.

No comments: