Saturday, January 10, 2009

My best-ever almost-birthday

What a great day. 48 hours, really. I can't even describe to you how awesome it was. First of all, I got my job back at the MTC, and then had a good day at school. Then Sammy was able to come over and help me with party prep. Maranda did a great deal too, not the least of which being running me to target to buy a pinstripe hat and men's shoes for my mobster (circa 1930) outfit for the party. And back to that party. SO rockin'! I saw so many people I had not seen in literally YEARS (thank you missionaries!) and people I grew up with, current wardies, and former wardies, former former wardies, former roommates, current soulmates (also known as Marae)...so many people. It was a great party. We had a great variety in themes, I was much pleased. It was really awesome. I think my favorite part of the night was having everyone sing to me. And putting on the postal service record. And getting penguins. Thank you, you know who you are. It was a blast. And it's not even my birthday yet! (It's on Tuesday)

Next: we started the new season of DG, breakfast every saturday morning!!! Will's crepes were amazing. Delicious. Delectable. charming. Melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Mouthwatering. Fabulous. Not to mention the warm happy glow in my heart that the DG is going on again. What a great life this is.

And then I went to the leadership training meeting which was good. We got some great brainstorming done on the Missionary committee, woot! I really love my calling. I am not as good at it as I could be, but I'm trying, and that's the important part.

So 2/3 of the way through the missionary training meeting i start getting these texts. Literally i got six in 2 minutes. All stuff like "Congratulations!" "I'm so excited for you!!!" "I hope your dreams come true!!" it wasn't until I got the "When's the date?" that I knew something was up. I texted Louisa and asked her about it. She said that I was listed as engaged on facebook "Dad's freaking out, it's not true is it?" and I told her no, and embarked on a rampage of texting to berate the culprits into submission. So I texted Will, Shawn and Good Lookin' because I had left my laptop over there post-DG breakfast. All of them pleaded not guilty, and I really only suspected Good Lookin' anyway, because he's mischievous like that. So I made him change my status to not engaged (which he followed by the letter, changing my status, NOT my relationship status) , and after he pled not guilty one more time, I apologized, and then he confessed. Needless to say I chewed him out when I got over there, and he is currently in the DOGHOUSE with me, which pretty much means no hugs for a week, and also prime target for a major prank. Shawn too, he was an accomplice. When I signed on to facebook next I had TWENTY TWO notifications. It was up for 40 MINUTES. Holy cow, apparently me getting married will be a world-class event, and I will be sure to invite you all. If only it was true.

Then I came home and finally met Critter, a person of mild reputation, but he sounded so cool. Anybody who would make a good muppet can totally be my friend. Especially ones that would make a good beaker. Because we all know I would marry Beaker. I went over to Steven Allen's after that and had a homework party. On a Saturday night; lame I know. But I had to get the homework done! For once in my life I will not be waking up Sunday morning early to finish homework. Which is pretty good b/c I wake up early anyway. And then Steve, Michael and I watched TNMT (the animated series). Like I said, it was a great 48 hours. love it.

P.S I'm currently addicted to Ingrid Michaelson's "Little Romance."

1 comment:

Tae said...

Ha! All of that awesomeness crammed into one little post. You continue to make me dizzy, girl. :)